Middle School "Husky Pride" Dress Code
The purpose of this dress code is to create a unified, positive, safe, and professional learning environment.
Acceptable clothing includes:
- Husky Wear may be worn in any color or style.
- Head coverings (i.e. hats, scarves, bandanas, hoods, etc.) may not be worn or visible on campus from the time students enter the school building through the end of the school day unless they are related to religious practice or function, and/or are needed as a matter of health.
- All clothing must fit appropriately in size and length; for example, no sagging pants.
- Clothing must be free of any holes, tears or cuts.
- Clothing or accessories that are obscene, sexually suggestive or display images/slogans referring to weapons, violence, alcohol, other chemicals, tobacco, or gang affiliation are not permitted.
- Clothing may not display demeaning, discriminatory, inflammatory, or intimidating language.
- Shorts and skirts must be of appropriate length, defined as being below no shorter than three inches above the knee.
- Clothing must cover the back, midriff, cleavage, etc., and may not be revealing. Shirts must cover back and midriff even when arms are extended above the head. Bare midriffs, bare backs, short skirts, short shorts, tube tops, halter tops and visible undergarments are NOT permitted.
- Tops with spaghetti straps are NOT permitted.
- Pants, shorts, and skirts must be worn at the waist (top of hip bone) and must cover undergarments. Spandex pants are NOT permitted.
- Students must wear appropriate footwear during the school day and any school activities (i.e. dances, sports, etc.).
- Any accessories that may offend or create a danger to self or others (i.e. spikes, chains, etc.) are not permitted.
- Students need to adhere to the dress code during special weeks; i.e. Homecoming, Winter Week. No masks covering the face will be allowed. Dress code will be enforced with costumes as well.