Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is your tuition? North Lakes Academy is a tuition-free public school.
2) Are you part of the Forest Lake school district? North Lakes Academy is its own district. We do share the bussing system with Forest Lake, District 831.
3) What is a charter school? The Minnesota Association of Charter Schools defines charter schools as, “tuition free independent public schools that are open to, and welcome all students no matter ability or need, and are governed and operated jointly by licensed teachers, parents and community members.” Click here for more information about charter schools.
4) What is the average size of classes? At North Lakes Academy the average class size is 20 students.
5) How is North Lakes Academy different from other schools? Small class sizes allow us to better serve the needs of individual students. We provide a college preparatory/liberal arts curriculum that is designed to produce well-rounded, college bound students.
6) Does North Lakes Academy offer elective courses like band, art, shop, etc…? We have band, choral, and fine arts programs for all grades. We do not offer shop classes.
7) Do you have the Minnesota State testing? Yes. We are required by law to administer all of the standard tests.
8) Do you offer Special Education accommodations? Yes. We have a special education department to meet the needs of those students who need accommodations.
9) Do you have any extra-curricular activities? Yes. We offer a variety of after-school clubs and sports activities throughout the school year. Click here for our current list of extra-curricular opportunities.
10) Do you have bussing for out of district kids? No, bussing is only offered to students living inside the District 831 boundaries. If you have further questions, please contact the school.